High School Football Is Officially Underway!
Today was day number one of the high school football practice for the 2018 season! You think it’s early? Well it is….I have three games in the month of August that I will announce. My first contest is scheduled for August 23 on a Thursday night as Billings West host Missoula Big Sky. So who are the defending state champs from a year ago:
- “AA”: It’s now two in a row for the Broncs of Billings Senior. Plus they have also not lost a game the past two seasons. Senior enters the 2018 high school football season with the state’s longest current winning streak at 26 games in a row!
- “A”: Last year was the first time in 15 years that neither Dillon or Billings Central advanced to the title game. The 2017 state “A” champs were the Wildcats of Columbia Falls.
- “B”: It was also back to back titles for Eureka in 2017. What a great team they had going a perfect 11-0 and outscoring their opponents by an average of 36 points a game!
- “8-Man”: The co-op of Drummond/Phillipsburg came out on top. They went 13-0 getting by a very good Forsyth team in the championship 44-30!
- “C 6-Man”: The winner was the Mon/Dak Thunder…the co-op of Westby, Montana and Grenora, North Dakota. Thunder Q.B. Jeremiah Paine had a huge throwing for 8 T.D.’s.